Permanent Service TechnicianWolfe Automotive Group is a medium-sized business in Alberta which has been in business for over 100 years. We are innovative and social. Westgate Chevrolet o/a Wolfe Chevrolet is recruiting for a Journeyman/Journeywoman Automotive Service Technician.
THE FINE PRINT
- Must possess a provincially recognized Journeyman/Journeywoman Automotive Mechanic Certificate
- Red Seal Certification
- Five Years of GM Dealership experience
What else can I expect from this role?In addition to our competitive pay structure, we offer our team members:
- Grand Master Tech Guild $1,500.00 Bonus
- $200.00 Boot Allowance
- Extensive company-paid OEM training and advancement opportunities.
- Group health benefits., including dental.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Health Care Spending Account
- Three Weeks Paid vacation.
- A flexible, fun and supportive work environment!
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program.
- Company Sponsored Events – food trucks, barbeques, etc.
POSITION SUMMARYYou will play a crucial role in the customer experience by conducting diagnostic procedures to determine vehicle maintenance requirements, provide accurate repair recommendations and complete the repairs to keep the customer and their family safe. Additionally, you can mentor, coach, and train apprentices within the dealership.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolved them in a timely manner.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components.
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devices such as motor analyzers, handheld computers, and chassis charts to determine how to address problems.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of light to medium-duty vehicles
- Test and adjust repaired systems to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Estimate parts and labor costs.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service.
- Test and adjust units to specifications.
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
- Diesel and transmission repair experience would be considered an asset.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses.
- Professional demeanour and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods, and using power and hand-held equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history.
At Wolfe Automotive Group, we don’t do jobs; we build careers. Ask about one of our many career path success stories during your interview.
The first step towards the life you want starts now. Shift into gear and apply today.
You want to know more about Wolfe Chevrolet: https://www.wolfechevrolet.com
or Wolfe Automotive Group: https://www.wolfeautomotive.com
Anyone who can legally work in Canada, we invite you to apply for this job. The employer will not consider your job application if you are not authorized to work in Canada.
Interested and qualified applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include "Wolfe Chevrolet Technican” in the subject line. This position will remain open until a candidate is hired. All applications will be reviewed; however, only the most suitable applicants will be contacted.
Automotive Service ManagerThe Service Manager manages daily operations by providing leadership of their team. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to developing and implementing organizational strategies, policies, and practices. The primary purpose of the Service Manager is to plan and direct operations and improve productivity, efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Work with the service advisor to proactively resolve all customer complaints and make follow-up calls, as needed.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Adheres to and enforces Manufacturers' Warranty Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains reporting systems required by the GM and the factory.
- Attends manager's meetings.
- Monitors and controls the department's performance using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within and with all other departments.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, provincial, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, WCB Right-to-Know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and processed correctly.
- Hold daily department meetings.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate technical schools.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Establishes and maintains good customer working relationships to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as a liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Ensure customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labour operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare operating reports and reconcile sales records.
- Extensive knowledge of automobile repair with the ability to read and interpret technical manuals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least three years of related experience working in a GM dealership service department is required; five or more years of experience is preferred.
- Completion of an automotive service technician apprenticeship program or equivalent is desired.
If this opportunity is intriguing, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those under consideration shall be contacted.